Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness
On this page you can choose the best doctors for Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness in Germany and Austria. Our goal is to present you with the optimal selection of renowned doctors and their modern and gentle surgical and treatment methods when you are looking for specialists.
If you have any questions or want to book an appointment here with one of the doctors for Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness, contact our support. We, the GermanMedicalGroup team, are at your disposal for all organizational questions.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor or hospital. This consultation is FREE.
Together we choose the best specialist for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor or clinic:
- Learn the info about doctors and clinics for Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness LISTED BELOW.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group OR directly on chosen doctor specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen doctor or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor or clinic, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.
Our services do not affect the price for treatment procedures, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a Request for Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness
All you need to now about Hair Transplant for Complete Baldness
Good looks do not have to be a dream. More than 20,000 satisfied patients who have been treated in the Kosmed Clinic for over fifteen years are our best reference. We rely on broad specialist knowledge, many years of experience and innovative technologies.
In order to live up to our claim to treat you with the highest level of competence, we have specialized specialists for the various procedures of cosmetic surgery as well as classic conservative treatments.
Safe therapies with predictable results are important to us. Modern surgical methods of aesthetic and plastic surgery are also a matter of course for us. In order to always be able to offer you the best possible treatment, our experts are constantly evolving.
With a great extent of your baldness, you cannot hide it from others. It is visible in any situation and worsens your appearance. Alopecia greatly adds to the age, and ruins your attractiveness. In addition, the lack of hair increases the risk of skin cancer on the head when your uncovered bald head is exposed to sunlight. Sunscreens, in this case, weaken the remaining hair on the head.
The most common cause of complete baldness in men is a mutation of the hormone testosterone that lead to hair fall in the frontal and parietal-occipital areas of the head. In such cases, hair transplant for complete hair loss involves the use of hair follicles located in the occipital region. They do not have receptors that are sensitive to hormonal fluctuations, and are able to provide long-term hair growth. The degree of alopecia is determined by the Hamilton-Norwood scale; stages 5-7 indicate a severe hair loss.
Hair transplantation for total alopecia in Germany
At hair transplant clinics in Germany, hair restoration for complete hair loss has been already performed for several decades, both in men and women.
Loss of hair over an extended area requires a large number of hair follicles for transplantation. With the state-of-art techniques, this problem of complete alopecia can be solved more effectively. Whilst in the 90s of the last century, it was possible to transplant about 1000 hair follicles at a time, today, 4500 follicular units are transplanted in one session.
Which method of hair transplantation (FUE or FUT) to prefer depends on the extent of alopecia, as well as on the hair density in the donor zone. With total alopecia, correct re-distribution of donor units over the recipient area during transplantation is very important in order to provide a natural result.
Hair transplantation for total alopecia also considers the natural shape of the front hairline. This is a very important point, because the front hairline depends on the age of a patient and the features of the facial skeleton. Wrongly modeled, it can significantly worsen the aesthetic result after surgery.
Procedure of hair transplantation for complete baldness
Transplantation of hair follicles according to the modern methods recognized throughout the world consists of the following stages:
- Gathering donor follicles. If hair transplantation for total alopecia is performed by the FUT method, a thin strip of skin is cut from the lower part of the occipital region, and then it is divided into individual follicular units, or grafts. The FUE method assumes a single extraction of each hair follicle, this type of grafting is especially indicated if in case of lack of donor hair, since it allows using the right amount of follicular units.
- Preparation of follicular units by placing them into a special solution (only with the FUT method).
- Transplantation of the follicles. Microscopic holes are drilled with a special instrument in the recipient area where the hair follicles are then transplanted. After hair transplantation for complete baldness, circular micro scars can remain on the scalp. Thanks to bioregenerating agents used in some German centers, they quickly heal within a few days.
Procedure of hair transplantation for complete baldness is an extended surgical intervention. Therefore, it can be performed in a few steps. If hair transplant for total alopecia is performed with the FUE method, the procedure is sometimes divided into two days. In some cases, the techniques can be combined, especially with a small amount of donor hair.
During the first months, the transplanted hair follicles are in a resting phase. The growth of new hair will begin after 4-6 months, and the final result of the surgery can be seen in a year.