Here you will find an overview of the complete outpatient and inpatient / operative range of our ENT experts in Germany. Within this, sinus surgeries, septal gland surgery, pediatric ENT, allergology, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of voice and speech disorders, snoring / sleep medicine and plastic-aesthetic surgery are all focal points.
ENT Examinations and Treatment - Outpatient services
1. Audiology - Hearing exams in Germany
Audiology is an independent science that deals with all aspects of auditory perception, ie hearing. In the otorhinolaryngology it is about the determination of the respective hearing disorders.
In this context, our diagnostics and therapy includes:
- hearing tests
- Speech audiometry with words and numbers
- Hearing aid adaptation, hearing aid review
- BERA (brainstem audiometry)
- Pediatric audition, neonatal screening
- OAE (advanced diagnostic hearing test, measurement of otoacoustic emissions-TOAE, DPOAE)
- impedance measurement
- Tinnitus Determination and Therapy, Tinnitus Counseling (Counseling)
- Tinnitus Retraining
- Regulation and adaptation of tinnitus maskers
- auditory training
2. ENT examinations and treatment in case of allergology
An "allergy" is an "overreaction" due to an excessive defense reaction of the immune system,
which can occur on plant pollen, house dust (mites), animal proteins (hair, insecticides), environmental substances or cosmetics and on certain foods to varying degrees. The actually harmless "pollen" are classified by the immune system of an allergic person as a danger and often fought only after the second contact., It is released via an antibody reaction histamine, the typical symptoms such as itching, runny nose, stuffy nose, tingling in the nose and throat In the EU, 113 million people have allergic rhinopathy - one in four to five EU citizens - and 68 million are suffering from an increasing tendency for allergic asthma, with allergic rhinopathy being the biggest risk factor for the development of allergic asthma.
As allergology presents new insights, our ENT experts attach particular importance in practice to allergy diagnostics and treatment adapted to the current state of scientific knowledge. To properly select the correct specific immunotherapy (SIT), the primary IgE reactions with specific allergen components must be clarified. Thus, multiple sensitizations or cross-reactions are delimited to avoid unnecessary therapy. In addition to the allergen extracts, recombinant allergen components are used in practice in their own laboratory, so that in molecular allergy diagnostics, major allergens (major allergens) can be distinguished from cross allergens (e.g., polcalcin, profilin, tropomyosin, or cross-reactive carbohydrate determinants, CCD). Especially for patients with allergies, an individual therapy planning is required!
Only then can the optimal therapy be given to you after the exact determination of the allergen, so that you can again find a better quality of life. This is our special concern. We present the complete range of allergological diagnostics and individual therapies that are important in the field of ENT. These include:
- Extensive allergy tests (blood tests, intranasal allergen determination in nasal secretions, intranasal provocation, prick test, rhinomanometry (measurement of pressure and air volume in the nose), pulmonary function test etc.
- Hyposensitization = specific immunotherapy (subcutaneous, sublingual, during the season, also short-term immunotherapy / cluster)
- Individual allergy therapies (possibly also with acupuncture) and detailed advice on alternative therapies.
3. Colds, runny nose, rhinitis, flu: what do our ENT experts offer
The simple cold (acute rhinitis) is usually triggered by viruses and almost always leads to a Mitreaktion of the mucous membranes in the nasal sinuses and the upper airways. Significant involvement is then rhinosinusitis, possibly with pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis and even pneumonia. The upper airway unit can only be treated by early diagnosis, thus preventing progression, resulting in rapid healing. It is essential to detect an infection with influenza viruses or bacteria such as streptococci early on, as we can do in our practice in 10 minutes. If the inflammation of the paranasal sinuses does not heal, chronic rhinitis may develop. This can also lead to inflammation in the bronchi (hyperreactivity, bronchitis) and trigger asthma. We conduct a detailed examination for you and, if necessary, work closely together with pediatric pulmonologists, pulmonologists.
4. Hearing aids in Germany
Unfortunately, declining hearing is still very closely associated with aging. Many young and young people, even children, are already affected. It is important to know that the longer you hear and understand unrestrictedly like a young person, the better the mental performance will be, because the brain is constantly stimulated by the acoustic stimuli. It is therefore desirable to obtain as good a hearing as possible or to regain it quickly; this is possible only with the help of a hearing aid.
5. Children's ENT in Germany
Children and adolescents are especially welcome to our ENT experts in Germany!
Our doctors perform newborn hearing screening and accurate hearing analysis.
Hearing disorders, problems with auditory processing, but also dizziness or tinnitus require accurate - tailored to children's diagnosis - to be able to initiate the correct therapy. Children who have been hearing poorly for prolonged middle ear effusion will have difficulty learning the language, so sometimes minor "ear operations" (tympanostomy) are indicated so that the children's hearing can return to normal. to exhaust all conservative measures and advise you comprehensively in this regard!
In pediatric and adolescent ENT or pedaudiology (the area of audiology dealing with children's hearing disorders), detailed age-appropriate hearing examinations - including hearing tests for infants and newborns - are carried out. If necessary, we also carry out a complete pediatric ENT diagnosis and examine the child's voice in hoarseness or children's speech in language development delays. For this purpose, we examine the larynx and, if necessary, with videoendoscopy ("as if on television") in the examination chair, so that a complete logopaedic diagnosis and the optimal therapy for your child is possible. Also speech flow disorders (for example, stuttering, rumbling, etc.) are diagnosed and appropriate logopedic treatments initiated close to home.
6. ENT surgery (outpatient) in Germany
Smaller operations (removal of small changes / facial / cervical ulcers, such as basaliomas, birthmarks) can usually be performed on an outpatient basis in local anesthesia by our doctors.
7. Treatment of dysphagia in Germany
The diagnosis of the act of swallowing is carried out by means of flexible video endoscopy for the analysis of dysphagia of a swallowing disorder (dysphagia).
Video endoscopy is performed by our doctors on an outpatient basis. A high-resolution cinematography (recording of moving pictures) and a pH-metry (Lanzeitsäureanessung in the esophagus and / or in the stomach) takes place in co-operation with appropriate therapy initiation.
8. Treatment of deafness in Germany
In Europe, 16% of adults are now hard of hearing, so that around 71 million people between the ages of 18 and 80 are affected by over 25 decibels (dB) of hearing loss. There are approximately 35 million patients in North America and approximately 700 million people worldwide. Hearing loss is the third most common chronic disease. The number of patients is on the increase, as are workplace noise (jackhammers) and / or leisure time (for example lawnmowers, leaf blowers, sirens, loud music, pop concerts, sports events, nightclubs, MP3 players and iPods) increases.
9. Tinnitus treatment in Germany
The word "tinnitus" is derived from the Latin verb "tinire" (= ringing). The diagnosis tinnitus requires a thorough ENT-medical examination, as tinnitus patients also frequently have hearing loss. Ultimately, however, there are also different types of tinnitus, which are also based on different causes. It is the task of our doctors to determine the particular form of tinnitus and to treat you as best as possible for each diagnosis and individual treatment.
There are a variety of therapeutic options that are most likely to be effective in the acute phase, as the chances of recovery are greatest here.
Complex ENT therapy
ENT clinic in Stuttgart is adjacent to the St. Catherine's hospital. By combined efforts the building was fully reconstructed in 2004. The clinic creates a bright and friendly atmosphere using the latest technologies and equipment. The patients' rooms (mostly double rooms) are equipped with modern bathrooms and a personal TV.
Being one of the leading clinics in the field of otorhinolaryngology we offer treatment of ENT diseases utilizing cutting-edge methods of diagnostics. Thanks to the interdisciplinary cooperation with all neighbor medical institutions our clinic can offer the best medical conditions. The modern technical equipment, constant development of our workers' skills and friendly atmosphere contribute to the high level of patients' care for ENT disease treatment.
Treatment of ENT diseases. Specialization
- Ear surgery including operations for hearing improvement, cochlear implants and implanted hearing aids
- Minimally invasive surgery of paranasal sinuses (endoscopic, microscopic)
- Surgical treatment of cancer of the brain and neck area
- Corrective and reconstructive plastic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Head and neck aesthetic surgery
- Surgical treatment of tracheal stenosis
- Surgical treatment of breathing disorders in sleep
- Children audiology, hearing aids
- Speech therapy
Progress in treatment of ENT diseases
- Reconstruction of respiratory passages in children and adults
- Voice improving operations connected even with the paralysis of vocal cords
- Endoscopic and interdisciplinary surgery of the base of skull
- Tumor surgery, reconstructive procedures including chargeless tissue transfer
- Middle ear hearing improvement
- Hearing rehabilitation by implanting cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Treatment of voice and speech disorders by a speech therapist
- Speech consultations
- Ambulatory surgeries
- Ambulatory conservative treatment
- Center of cochlear implantation
- Palliative care
- Sleep laboratory