TOP Doctors for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a disease that primarily affects young women of childbearing potential. The disease is named after the first writers of 1935 as "Stein-Leventhal syndrome". It is a disturbance in the hormonal control circuit. Especially the male hormones are overproduced, which is why typical symptoms such as male body hair occur. On the ovaries of affected women are many small, fluid-filled cavities, called cysts.
About three to four percent of women worldwide are affected by Polycystic ovary syndrome. The disease usually begins during puberty, but symptoms often appear between the twenties and thirties.
In some patients, polycystic ovaries develop during puberty, which regress in adulthood. Then one speaks of a "temporary multicystic ovarian syndrome".
The Polycystic ovary syndrome can cause many different symptoms, which are different in each patient. Common complaints are:
- Cycle disorders (e.g., missed menstrual period)
- Hirsutism (formation of a male hair type) and virilism (the body becomes male)
- Failure of the head hair
- Mental problems
Why the Polycystic ovary syndrome arises, is still unclear. It is believed that the tendency to polycystic ovaries is inherited, as in some families often more than one woman is affected.
Although you can not cure the Polycystic ovary syndrome, the symptoms can be alleviated by medication and a change in lifestyle. Depending on how severe the symptoms are and if there is a wish for a child, the therapy is adjusted. In addition, cosmetic problems can be relieved by medication or a suitable cosmetic treatment.
If no childwash exists, the cycle can be stabilized with the help of ovulation inhibitors (birth control pills). Ovulation inhibitors prevent ovulation and reduce the production of male hormones.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome procedures, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome:
- Learn the info about doctors for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.