TOP Doctors for Treatment of Oligozoospermia
Oligozoospermia consists of the presence of an abnormally low number of sperm in a semen sample.
According to the criteria of the 5th edition of the World Health Organization (WHO) Manual (2010), the normal concentration of sperm in a semen sample must be greater than or equal to 15 million per milliliter. If the figure is below this amount, it is called oligozoospermia, and it is considered that there may be fertility problems, with the recommendation of more than one sample being recommended for confirmation.
The method of diagnosis is carried out by means of a spermiogram which, among other features, determines the number of sperm per milliliter of semen.
The Oligozoospermie is divided into several types, depending on the concentration of sperm:
- Easy: Between 5 and 14 million sperm per milliliter of semen
- Moderate: Between 1 and 5 million sperm per milliliter of semen
- Hard: Under one million sperm per milliliter of semen
- A special case of oligozoospermia is cryptozoospermia. This is referred to when the amount of sperm is less than 100,000 per milliliter of semen.
The reasons for oligozoospermia can be very different:
- Partial obstruction of the ducts that lead the sperm from the testes to the urethra
- Changes in the testicular veins (varicocele)
- Disorders of the epididymis
- Hormonal imbalances
- Trauma or inflammation in the testicles
- Changes in the semen due to consumption of certain drugs, alcohol, tobacco or drugs
- Habits that increase the temperature of the testicles (sauna, too tight clothes, etc.)
- On occasion, patients suffering from severe oligozoospermia may even develop cryptozoospermia and later azoospermia (absence of sperm in the semen). In this diagnosis, it is therefore important to take preventive measures, such as freezing the semen to preserve the gametes.
In patients with oligozoospermia and cryptozoospermia, the most appropriate treatment is in vitro fertilization using the technique of ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection), as the low concentration of spermatozoa can prevent the correct, natural fertilization of the egg.
Finally, it is important to emphasize that there are measures such as taking antioxidants and healthy lifestyles that can improve sperm quality and provide a more favorable prognosis in patients who suffer from mild oligozoospermia.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for treatment of oligozoospermia procedures, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for treatment of oligozoospermia or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for treatment of oligozoospermia for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for treatment of oligozoospermia:
- Learn the info about doctors for treatment of oligozoospermia listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for treatment of oligozoospermia or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for treatment of oligozoospermia, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.
Request for further information about Treatment of Oligozoospermia
using our Whatsapp and Viber number.
+49 (176) 738-762-95
Our goal is to contact you within a business day to review your medical and financial information.