TOP Doctors for Hypothyroidism
As hypothyroidism doctors refer to a defective hormone production of the thyroid gland. The hormone deficiency slows down all metabolic processes of the body and reduces the efficiency. Thyroid hypofunction is one of the most common metabolic diseases. Women are more likely to suffer from hypothyroidism than men.
In hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland does not produce enough of the two hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). They affect almost all metabolic processes in humans and are thus vital. While mild hypothyroidism usually causes few symptoms, a stronger hormone deficiency slows down almost the entire metabolic activity significantly and causes severe discomfort.
The hormone deficiency in hypothyroidism can be compensated by the usually lifelong taking hormone tablets. Doctors also speak of replacement or replacement therapy. When properly dosed, the quality of life and life expectancy of hypothyroid patients are not limited.
The drug of choice for hypothyroidism therapy is L-thyroxine (levothyroxine): This synthetic hormone acts like the natural thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4) and is partially converted into the thyroid hormone T3 in the body. It must be taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
Treatment with L-thyroxine is started with a low dose and then slowly increased to the individual final dose. Overdose or overdose may cause heart problems or other signs of hyperthyroidism.
The final dose is based on the basal TSH (it should normalize) and the subjective well-being of the patient. Later, usually once a year (more often in infants) is a therapy control by blood test.
On this page, you can see the best doctors for hypothyroidism treatment. International patients pick these specialists for hypothyroidism treatment due to the following reasons:
- Innovative treatment methods.
- Up to 95% success rate. The doctors listed below apply the latest techniques to achieve such a result.
- International accreditation. The facilities for hypothyroidism treatment have international healthcare accreditations and certificates. It means that they provide the hypothyroidism treatment in accordance with the strict world treatment protocols.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for hypothyroidism treatment, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for hypothyroidism treatment or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for hypothyroidism treatment for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for hypothyroidism treatment:
- Learn the info about doctors for hypothyroidism treatment listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for hypothyroidism treatment or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for hypothyroidism treatment, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.
Request for further information about Hypothyroidism
using our Whatsapp and Viber number.
+49 (176) 738-762-95
Our goal is to contact you within a business day to review your medical and financial information.