All you need to now about Treatment of Renal Failure
Kidneys are the most important part of the urinary system. These pair organs participate in the urine formation and are the vital organs of the human body. Diseases and traumas of kidneys can lead to a renal failure: a serious condition, that greatly reduces the quality of life and threatens the life of a patient.
In case of a renal failure the patient's kidneys cannot cope with their functions, making the person suffer from a severe metabolic disorder. Doctors distinguish between 3 stages of renal failure development:
The degree of kidney damage is estimated using the Rehberg-Tareev test. The method assesses kidneys' ability to filtrate and reabsorb.
Causes of Renal Failure
- Diabetes. The abnormal accumulation of sugar can reduce the kidneys' functioning ability and damage them. People who do not receive adequate diabetes treatment are usually affected, but even when the disease is under control it can cause kidney problems. Diabetes often leads to hepatic and renal diseases in children.
- Problems with blood pressure. The increased blood pressure damages blood vessels in kidneys and causes microscopic hemorrhages. People suffering from hypertension are more likely to suffer from kidney disease.
- Inflammatory pathologies of kidneys. Inflammatory diseases of kidneys change the natural composition of urine, which causes swelling of the limbs and making the patient feel unwell.
- Neoplasms in kidneys. Proliferation of cysts in the kidneys leads to the disruption of their functionctioning and the development of inflammatory processes. This disease is called polycystic kidney disease and is inherited.
Statistically, 20% of patients with renal insufficiency seek medical care only when their kidneys are in a neglected state. It is extremely difficult to determine the cause of a kidney failure.
In the absence of treatment the renal failure has two variants of development:
- Kidney failure
- End-stage kidney failure (develops in an acute form for more than three months)
Symptoms of Kidney Failure
Many symptoms can indicate the renal failure development. In some cases the disease is asymptomatic, but as usual it has the following signs:
- the decrease of urine amount,
- the swelling of legs, ankles, feet as a result of liquid collection in tissues,
- labored breathing without a reason,
- drowsiness and tiredness,
- confusion of consciousness,
- pains or pressure in chest,
- attacks and coma in some cases.
There is a chronic form of renal failure: in this case, the kidneys gradually lose their function until total failure.
How is Renal Failure Diagnosed?
Treatment of internal diseases should be preceded by highly precise diagnosis. The diagnostic procedures include:
- Urine test. The urine sample is checked for anomalies. The doctor also can prescribe the urinary sediment test to measure the number of white and red blood cells, the level of bacteria and cellular cylinders.
- Urodynamics. Measuring the urine flow is one of the simplest diagnostic tests. For instance, insufficient flow points at renal function disorder due to the blocked urinary tracts. Various diseases or injuries can lead to such condition.
- Blood test. A blood sample is taken for measuring the amount of urea and creatinine filtered by kidneys. Rapid increase of these matters in blood indicates the renal failure.
- Imaging diagnostics methods such as ultrasound scan, MRI and CT give kidneys and urinary tracts images where the doctor can detect the blocked areas and renal anomalies.
- Kidney biopsy. The sample of kidney tissue is examined for abnormal complications, scars and infectious agents. The tissue sample is taken by biopsy method, a simple procedure performed under local anesthesia and X-ray control. The sample is taken by a needle inserted into the kidney.
The diagnostics in Germany exclude the risks of mistakes and the possibility of incorrect treatment.
How is Renal Failure Treated?
Timely kidney treatment in Germany helps to restore the patient’s health. There are tens of hemodialysis centers and nephrology clinics in Germany equipped with modern apparatuses updated each five years. High professionalism and competency of nephrologists specialized at renal failure treatment in Germany allow performing efficient kidney transplantation surgeries.
Nephrology in Germany provides treatment for acute exogenous and endogenous intoxications, diabetic nephropathy, endocryne disorders in adrenal body and parathyroid gland functions, chronic and acute renal diseases, acute renal failure and different complications caused by kidney diseases.
A precise diagnostics defines the treatment method for renal failure by detecting a precise diagnosis and its stage. Besides laboratory and clinic diagnostics the doctors perform needle biopsy, ultrasonic scan, functional kidney diagnostics. To cure renal failure the doctors in Germany apply drug specific and nonspecific treatment, chemotherapy, immunomodulatory treatment, hemodialysis and apparatus treatment that includes hemoperfusion, peritoneal dialysis, hemofiltration, hemodiafiltration, cryofiltration, membrane plasma separation and others.
By choosing renal failure treatment in Germany you get highly qualified specialists ready to perform high-quality diagnostics and treatment up to the full patient’s recovery.
Leading Nephrology Hospitals in Germany
German Medical Group unites more than 150 European clinics with different specializations. Our clients can get professional kidney treatment in 8 leading German clinics specializing in urology and nephrology:
Schwarzwald-Baar Clinic is one of the largest clinics of Baden-Württemberg. Every year 190000 patients are treated in 26 divisions of the clinic, 50000 of them on an inpatient basis. According to the Focus magazine, the clinic was repeatedly recognized as the best institution in Germany specializing in treatment of many types of cancer.
The Braunschweig Clinic is distinguished by the implementation of the most modern treatment methods. The physicians of the Urological department cooperate with representatives of other departments to develop an optimal treatment plan.
Being one of the oldest medical institutions in Germany, the Friedrichshafen Clinic is distinguished not only by its professionalism, but also a good location: it is located on the shores of the Lake Constance (Bodensee).
Munich Urology Center
The Urology Center provides complex services for the treatment of urinary system pathologies, including renal failure. The doctors of the center pay special attention to the prevention of disease and its diagnostics.
Urological Clinic of Dr. Meisse
The Clinic of Dr. Meisse is represented by only 4 doctors, but it does not prevent it from providing professional services in treatment of diseases of the urinary and sexual systems.
The Urology Department of the GKH in Bonn
Annually the Bonn Clinic treats an average of 18000 patients with the diseases of the urinary system. The clinic conducts all the treatment stages: from diagnosis to rehabilitation.
German Medical Group helps its clients get medical help in Germany without intermediaries. The consultants of the company will help you choose a clinic and arrange an online consultation with your doctor, as well as provide assistance in obtaining a medical visa for the subsequent treatment of renal failure.