Welcome to the Department of Internal Medicine III focusing on Cardiology. A professional team of 35 doctors offers their services to patients with diseases of the heart care. We especially focus on the treatment of coronary heart disease, arrhythmias, valvular heart disease, myocardial disease, pulmonary embolism and medical and cardiac intensive care.
Four cardiac catheterization laboratories with most modern equipment allow us to achieve the unprecedented level of diagnostic accuracy. We provide special support to patients with cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure and for pacemaker and defibrillator patients.
In addition, a specialized chest pain unit (Chest Pain Unit) helps to clarify the reasons of chest pain and eliminate this problem.
Our major services:
- Interventional cardiology (cardiac catheterization):
- Coronary artery angioplasty (PTCA), usually in combination with the implantation of vascular supports (stents)
- Acute recanalization of closed coronary arteries
- CTO: Reopening chronic closures using special catheter techniques
- Implantation intraaortal balloon pump (IABP)
- Invasive Shunt-diagnostics in case of congenital or acquired heart defects
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Intravascular optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Determination of fractional flow reserve (FFR) in the coronary arteries to determine the functional relevance of coronary artery stenosis
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Transcoronary ablation of septal hypertrophy (TASH) for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
- Carotid PTA with stenting for hemodynamically significant stenoses in the extracranial carotid arteries
- Implantation of vena cava filters in recurrent thromboembolic cases
- Renal sympathetic denervation for resistant hypertension
- Interventional rhythmology (Cardiac Electrophysiology):
- Electrophysiological examination of tachycardia and bradycardia arrhythmias
- Catheter ablation of paroxysmal tachycardia
- Catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation under optional application of a robot-controlled ablation
- Segmental pulmonary vein isolation
- Diagnosis of genetic diseases (Brugada syndrome, long QT syndrome, etc.)
- Implantation of pacemakers with bradycardia
The focus is on optimal medical care and the health of our patients. Experienced doctors and well-trained and motivated stuff ensure top level of heart care. We are always glad to see you at our center and to solve your heart problems in the most sparing and competent way.