The Innovative Treatment from the Best German Medical Specialists for You in Leipzig!
Outstanding research, excellent teaching and best health care are the hallmarks of Leipzig Medical Faculty and the University Hospital Leipzig. In the second oldest German university this medical facility has become one of the focal points for the qualified interdisciplinary cooperation aiming at the perfection in medical care. The medical campus, situated in the very heart of Leipzig, belongs to the most renowned maximum care institutions in Germany. New findings from the performance-related medical research and innovative teaching concepts are quickly transferred here into medical practice.
The departments and centers
- Center for Internal Medicine
- Center for Surgical Medicine
- Head Center
- Center for Pediatric Medicine
- Center for Dermatology
- Center for Mental Health
- Center for Radiology
- Certified Breast Center
- Certified Cancer Center
- Dental, Oral and Maxillary Medicine
- Diagnostic Laboratory and Preventive Medicine
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
- Surgery Department
- Center for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
- Center for Obstetrics and Paediatrics
- Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology
- Center for Clinical Neurosciences
- Center for Oncology
- Center for Surgical Sciences
- Center for Psychosocial Medicine
- Center for Radiologynd Endoscopy
- Center for Transplantation Medicine
- Center for Dental and Oral Medicine
- Center for Diagnostic
- Center for Experimental Medicine
- Center for Molecular Neurobiology
- University Heart Center
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Health Care Center
- Breast Center
- German Center for Addiction Research in Childhood and Adolescence
The figures at a glance!
The University Clinic of Leipzig (UKL) is a tertiary care hospital, which offers the full range of medical care. In patient care, research and teaching at the University Medical Center Leipzig (UML) employs more than 6000 employees. The clinic has more than 1451 beds. About 400 000 patients are treated here annually (2014). There are more than 32 operating rooms here. The clinic is stuffed with excellent specialists: 3836 employees, including 450 doctors and 1300 employees in maintenance and operation service.
Treatment on the outpatient basis
Every year approximately 260,000 patients are treated in the outpatient departments of the university Hospital in Leipzig. Our employees have extensive expertise, cutting-edge technology and the ultramodern technologies. It implies the maximum security level. The entire medical infrastructure of the hospital is available both to the German and to the international patients.
Treatment on the inpatient basis
The inpatient treatment at the Leipzig University Clinic is streamlined with the modern facilities, highly qualified staff and a pleasant atmosphere. We provide you with helpful information in the reception lobby in Liebigstraße 20. About 80 000 patients are treated annually in the inpatient Department of Internal Medicine, Neurology, and nuclear medicine as well in the operating center. Which treatment is suitable for you, is always determined individually. The advantage of a large hospital consists precisely in the fact that many highly specialized professional work together and can cooperate in the interest of patients.
Central Research Facilities of the Medical Faculty
The Medical Faculty of the University of Leipzig has a large number of key research institutions. Among them are
- Biotechnology and Biomedicine (BBZ)
- Innovation Center for Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
- Integrated Research and Treatment Center for Obesity (IFB obesity)
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Bioinformatics (IZBI)
- Leipzig Research Center for civilization diseases (LIFE)
- Center for Clinical Trials Leipzig (ZKS Leipzig)
Should you have any questions or need any information concerning the further treatment at the University Clinic in Leipzig, we would be glad to answer them. Don’t hesitate to call us.