Four specialties work in our specialized department of ophthalmology: retinal and vitreous surgery, corneal transplantation, cataracts and glaucoma.
- born in westphalia
- studied in Bochum and Bonn
- Assistant eye clinic University. Heinrich Heine, Düsseldorf
- Assistant and Senior Eye Clinic, University of Cologne
- Several years of research have been conducted at the universities of Baltimore and Houston, USA.
- Member of the further faculty of the University of Cologne
- since 2005 partner and surgeon in joint practice in Aschaffenburg
- since 2012, the head of the Aschaffenburg Eye Center, prof. Mitz
- Photodynamic therapy in the fundus
- Basic and advanced refractive surgery course
- Seminar "Quality Management and Quality Assurance in Ophthalmology"
- Specialist in laser surgery in ophthalmology
- Examination of eye procedures
- German Society of Ophthalmology (DOG)
- German ophthalmologists (DOP)
- Professional Association of German Ophthalmologists (BVA)
- Federation of German Ophthalmic Surgeons (BDOC)
- European Society of Glaucoma (EGS)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Member of the editorial board of the journal "Ophthalmosurgery News" (2003-2008)