TOP Doctors for Phacoemulsification
The currently most common form of cataract surgery is phacoemulsification.
Before the operation, your ophthalmologist will anesthetize the eye to be operated on and then open it with a 2-3 mm small incision in the cornea (scaler cut), which closes automatically again after the operation. Through this cut, a hollow needle is inserted and then crushed the lens core by means of ultrasonic energy and sucked. This process is called phacoemulsification.
The posterior portion of the capsular bag remains intact to serve as a support for the intraocular lens. The artificial intraocular lens is inserted in the same place in the eye. This usually happens with the help of an injector. Modern IOLs are foldable and can also be introduced via the small incision from the beginning of the operation.
The advantages of this method:
- less complications after the operations
- smaller incision size and thus less surgery-related astigmatism (astigmatism)
- rapid wound healing and recovery of visual acuity
- greater stability of the eye due to the intact capsular bag during and after surgery
For phacoemulsification, a 2.5-3.0 mm small incision is made on the eye. The anterior capsule of the eye lens is opened with approx. 5 mm diameter. The hard lentil core is then smashed and aspirated together with the softer lens cortex. In most cases, the crushing of the lens is done by means of ultrasound. A device controls a handpiece on which a so-called tip is attached. This tip vibrates 40,000 times per second and smashes the hard lens core.
In addition to the classic procedure, in which the phacoemulsification is carried out exclusively by means of ultrasound (destruction of the lens nucleus at 40,000 Hz), there is now a completely new technology that ensures a very gentle and efficient removal of the lens nucleus.
NeoSoniX ™ is a special phaco technology. With this technology, the tip oscillates at 100 oscillations per minute about the longitudinal axis of the tip. This offers the patient special advantages.
- The shorter the ultrasound times, the lower the burden on the eye and especially the inner layer of the cornea. Because ultrasound waves spread in the eye and can damage the cells of the inner corneal layer.
- Using this technique, the use of ultrasound can be minimized.
- NeoSoniX ™ can also be used without ultrasound. This is especially important for soft lens cores - ie for young patients - because this procedure is even more gentle.
- This special phaco technology minimizes the risk of tissue burns.
- NeoSoniX ™ phacoemulsification enhances the clearing of the corneas on the first day after surgery, providing the patient with optimal vision right from the start.
- Due to the gentle process, the healing process on the eye is completed faster.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for phacoemulsification procedures, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for phacoemulsification or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for phacoemulsification for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for phacoemulsification:
- Learn the info about doctors for phacoemulsification listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for phacoemulsification or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for phacoemulsification, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.
Request for further information about Phacoemulsification
using our Whatsapp and Viber number.
+49 (176) 738-762-95
Our goal is to contact you within a business day to review your medical and financial information.