TOP Doctors for Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic disease of the central nervous system (CNS: spinal cord and brain, including optic nerve). Nervous structures ignite, which causes different symptoms such as visual and emotional disorders, pain or paralysis. So far, multiple sclerosis is not yet curable. With medication, however, the course of the disease can be favorably influenced.
Multiple sclerosis usually begins in early adulthood between the ages of 20 and 40 years. More than 200,000 people with multiple sclerosis live in Germany. Women are about twice as likely to have MS as men.
Multiple sclerosis occurs in most cases completely unexpectedly and out of complete well-being. In many cases, the first signs of MS develop relatively quickly within hours or days. Only in a few patients, the disease begins slowly with sometimes less, sometimes more severe complaints, so that those affected hardly notice that something is seriously wrong. Some patients have few MS symptoms, others have multiple symptoms.
Most experts suspect that multiple sclerosis is based on a malfunction of the body's immune system (autoimmune disease) - that is, it is an autoimmune disease:
To some extent, multiple sclerosis is inheritable, experts believe: studies with twins showed that identical twins of MS patients have a 25 to 30 percent higher risk for multiple sclerosis than the normal population. For dizygotic twins, the risk is five percent higher. Parents and children of a patient still have a double to three times higher risk of multiple sclerosis. The risk decreases the less one is related to a sufferer.
Multiple sclerosis therapy is based on four pillars:
- Shock Therapy: Treatment of acute push by cortisone or plasmapheresis (a type of blood wash).
- Course-modifying therapy (basic therapy, long-term immunotherapy): It aims to reduce the severity and frequency of relapses and to favorably influence the extent of progressive disability.
- Symptomatic therapy: Treatment of nonspecific symptoms such as muscle cramping, pain, depression, bladder or bowel dysphagia.
- Rehabilitation procedure: The aim is to enable the patient to return to their family, professional and social life.
- In order to achieve the therapy goals, among other things medicines, physiotherapy (physiotherapy) as well as activation and occupational therapy (occupational therapy or psychotherapy) are used.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for multiple sclerosis treatment procedures, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for multiple sclerosis treatment or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for multiple sclerosis treatment for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for multiple sclerosis treatment:
- Learn the info about doctors for multiple sclerosis treatment listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for multiple sclerosis treatment or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for multiple sclerosis treatment, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.