TOP Doctors for Laser Dentistry
Request for further information about Laser Dentistry
using our Whatsapp and Viber number.
+49 176 738 762 53
Our goal is to contact you within a business day to review your medical and financial information.
The laser is a treatment instrument that emits a highly concentrated, high-energy beam of light. By different wavelengths of the laser beam, in different tissues, e.g. achieved on the gums or hard tooth substance but also on metallic structures, such as a dental implant, different effects.
The light rays are absorbed by the tissue and then, in the form of heat, serve to cut tissue, reduce the number of germs in the treatment area and stop bleeding. Laser technology is already being used in many areas of dentistry.
Because laser treatment is virtually painless and gentle on the tissue, many patients can reduce their fear of dental treatment. Local anesthesia is usually unnecessary for the application.
In dental surgery, the laser is used in the treatment of abscesses, the removal of gumular growths and fibroids and the removal of the labial tape for orthodontic treatment. An additional advantage lies in the germ reduction by the use of the laser in the wound area.
In the diagnosis of caries, the use of the laser is helpful as well as for the subsequent low-pain removal of the carious tooth substance.
The laser can also be used in the field of metallic structures. In the area of dental implants bone material can be removed to expose it or to prepare the bone bed for implantation. Even with inflammation in the tissue around a dental implant (peri-implantitis), treatment with a laser is advantageous.
Also for the treatment of inflamed gums and teeth, the use of laser is beneficial. In deep gingival pockets, the laser beams remove inflamed tissue between the tooth root and the gums and at the same time achieve disinfection or reduction of the number of germs. Wound healing succeeds faster.
In the treatment of tooth root inflammation, laser beams can penetrate deeper into the dentinal tubules than is possible with conventional irrigation.
The reduction of the germ count in the root canal by the laser also has a supporting effect here.
When teeth and cervicals are sensitive to hot and cold, the dentinal tubules of the tooth root are often open, passing the sensations directly to the nerve.
The closure of the dentinal tubules reached the dentist by means of a applied fluorine gel, which is irradiated with laser. The treatment is painless and usually takes place in one session.
Laser technologies are widely used in medicine and dentistry one of the areas where laser is applied. Many clinics in Germany use laser both for treatment and in aesthetic purposes. There are a number of lasers used in dentistry but it is possible to separate them into two main groups:
- Hard tissues laser
- Soft tissues laser
Hard Tissue Laser in Dentistry
Laser can be used as replacement of a drill in tooth decay treating. It is applicable for:
- caries removal
- preparation of cavities for filling
- roughing and etching
- enameloplasty or tooth recontouring (shaping of tooth enamel with different purposes)
Soft Tissue Laser in Dentistry
Huge number of problems of mouth soft tissues could be treated by means of laser. It is hardly possible to enumerate all of them so here is a brief indication:
- Biopsy taking.
- Ulcers or canker sores treatment.
- Fibroma and other small lesions removal
- Enerupted wisdom tooth exposure.
- Frenula removing
- Abscess incision
- Oral papillectomies
- Reshaping gums tissues.
- Teeth Bleaching.
Especially widely laser is used in endodontic and periodontal disease treatment.
Laser in Scaling and Root Planing
Scaling and Root Planing (SRP) is a common endodontic procedure. Endodontic means ‘inside tooth’, so this is the name for different manipulations with root canals. During SRP hygienist or endodontist cleans plaques and tartar from teeth and root in a space beneath your gum. Traditionally it can be done with ultrasonic device only but many hygienists claim that applying laser after cleaning gives additional disinfection and makes a procedure more effective. Thanks to cauterization, inflammation could be reduced faster and it is possible to get rid of using antibiotics.
Laser in Periodontal Therapy
Laser is good for incision of soft tissues and antimicrobial treatment of affected gums. Laser is used in periodontal surgery and significantly reduces the common problems as bleeding, pain, inflammation, long recovery time. Laser can be used without anesthesia where the traditional treatment required medicine reducing pain. Laser is successfully used for operations of gingivectomies and gingivoplasties and many patient find it more pleasant and painless. Laser can be used for incisions to provide access to the roots and bones. It is worth to note, that hard tissue laser could be used both for bones and gums.
Advantages of Using Laser versus Traditional Dentistry
- They could replace drilling avoiding unpleasant effect of vibration.
- When treating the teeth roots and soft tissues with laser, inflammation is reduced as cauterization takes place.
- No anesthetic is needed when using laser instead of traditional methods, as it is less painful treatment.
- The bundled light hits targeted only at the appropriate treatment site. Laser therapy is minimally invasive and therefore less painful and gentler than conventional procedures.
- The laser light disinfects and removes bacteria in places that can not be reached with other instruments. This increases the success of the treatment and accelerates the healing process.
- We can treat periodontitis by laser, sustainably, gently and without antibiotics. Surgery (in severe periodontal disease) can often be avoided by laser treatment. A new procedure with three laser systems even stimulates the bone-forming cells to bone regeneration and strengthens the teeth again. In addition, it improves the general health, since the bacteria from the periodontal pockets, especially in rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and diseases of the heart and blood vessels have a harmful influence.
- Thanks to the healing effect of the laser, root canal treatments reduce the risk of tooth loss or root inflammation.
- Laser bleaching is a highly efficient, fast, gentle and painless method of teeth whitening, with no side effects to the tooth.
- When cold or hot causes pain, the laser can desensitize sensitive tooth necks and tooth nerves.
- Caries, fillings and fissure sealing by laser are done without a drill, without syringe and without touching. Minimally invasive and gentler on the tooth nerve. The treatment time is shortened, as anesthesia is usually no longer necessary.
- Acute TMJ complaints can be alleviated immediately.
- Implant exposures, the removal of lip / cheek bands and other surgical procedures are laser-friendly and bleeding-free thanks to the laser. A cut is not necessary. The wounds heal much faster.
- Herpes, aphthae and torn corners of the mouth heal faster thanks to the laser. Herpes often does not develop and occurs after a treatment much less often, smaller, often not at all.
- With the help of laser acupuncture, we can stimulate inflamed areas in the oral mucosa and thus support the self-regulation of the body.
The most common area of application of laser is dental implantology. By means of laser soft tissues is removed and reshaped to prepare gums for placing of implants. Laser helps in cosmetic dentistry when it is needed for reconstructive purposes.
Lasers also are found affective for treatment of peri-implantitis, inflammations of tissues around implants.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser is used to activate a gel used for teeth whitening and speedup bleaching process.
Laser: Questions & Answers
How do lasers work?
Lasers emit focused light beams of a specific wavelength, parallel and in phase. The laser light is focused in this way and can accurately apply a high amount of energy for treatment.
Why are laser treatments so good for me as a patient?
Because the different lasers provide gentle and painless to painless alternatives to conventional treatments.
Can a laser (anesthesia) be dispensed with when using the laser?
Yes. In most cases, a laser treatment without a syringe and thus faster can be performed.
How safe are lasers? Are there any possible side effects?
Our state-of-the-art lasers are mature and scientifically proven. Our laser treatments have no side effects. Your eyes are protected by special goggles during treatment.
Is laser treatment possible during pregnancy or lactation?
Yes, a laser application is easily practicable for pregnant women and nursing mothers. There is also no objection to patients with blood and circulatory diseases and pacemaker wearers. In high-risk patients, antibiotic prophylaxis before dental treatment is not necessary due to the sterile way of working.
Why is laser treatment especially suitable for children?
The main advantages for children are: The laser treatment is virtually painless, it goes fast and eliminates the unpleasant drilling noise and vibration. Sterilization prevents the progression of caries. After a removal of the Lippenbändchens does not need to be sewn. In our experience, children see the laser treatment without reservations and curious.
Can laser surgery be performed?
Yes, with the laser you can, for example, expose implants or remove lip and tongue ligaments very well. The laser provides a sterile and cosmetically excellent result, it makes the seam closure unnecessary and the healing is more complicated.
Can every dentist laser?
Laser dentistry belongs in specialist hands. Dentist dr. Beatrix Lenz has been using laser technology since 1997 and possesses extraordinary expertise and a great deal of experience in this field. It works with different lasers, each with its own specific wavelength, as needed.
Do laser treatments have to be paid privately or are the statutory health insurance companies paying the costs?
The laser treatments are scientifically recognized. Cash patients usually still have to bear the cost or additional payment for this method themselves. Private and additional insurance often take over the laser treatment completely or for the most part. You benefit from a more pleasant, painless to painless treatment and less unpleasant side effects. Last but not least, with a laser treatment you also decide on a preventive health maintenance of your teeth.
Price Estimation for Laser Dentistry in Germany
Laser is widely uses in Germany in dentistry and for cosmetic purposes. Please note that using of laser in US has some limitation in certain states so, while travelling in Europe you have a chance to have painless and effective laser procedure without any obstacles. Please apply with GMG to learn more
|Scaling and Root Planing, traditional, per session
|Laser whitening cost
*All the prices are based on a few estimations from different site and could not be an offer. Please enquire to clinics for precise pricing
Please check other services on request and be aware what is included to a quotation.
||Frankfurt am Main
||from 489 € return flight
||from 489 € return flight
||from 521 € return flight
||from 45 € return flight
||from 71 € return flight
||from 125 € return flight
We Speak the Same Language with Your
Please note that staff in the all of medical centers presented on GMG could speak English and you can choose your clinic without any problem. If you have any questions please call. There are no language borders; there are no visas for citizens of US and UK. You can get affordable price and professional treatment, and our service for free as a bonus.