On the German Medical Group website you can find detailed information about diagnostic and therapy methods for prostate cancer practiced in the best urologic centers in Germany. These medical centers are the leaders among 25 best prostate cancer treatment centers in Germany, according to the “Focus” magazine.
Prostate cancer (carcinoma) is a malignant tumor that develops from the glandular tissue in prostatic gland. Prostate carcinoma is the most popular male type of malignant tumors. Each man over 40 must pass regular tests for early prostate cancer diagnostics. This disease may develop without any specific symptoms.
Prostate cancer: treatment in Urologic clinic of Mainz University Medical Center in Germany
University professor J.V. Turoff, the Doctor of Medical Science, Head of the urological department. Dr. Turoff has more than 20 years of practical experience in the area of prostate diseases research and treatment.
The clinic is focused on robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery (da Vinci) with radical prostatectomy, organ-reserving resections, laser enucleation of the prostate, etc. Robot-assisted surgeries by da Vinci method have been actively practiced since 2007. Since 2012 the clinic holds symposiums on the robotized surgery in Germany.
Prostate cancer - treatment in Stuttgart
The urologic oncology department is headed by professor Ulrich Humke who became one of the “2013 Best German doctors in the area of prostate cancer treatment”.
Specialization: oncologic surgery, uro oncology, urologic surgery, reconstructive urology, benign and malignant prostate diseases.
Prostate cancer - Urology and urologic oncology clinic in Friedrichshafen, Da Vinci surgery center
Urology and urologic oncology center of Friedrichshafen is headed by the expert in urology area, Dr. Wilhelm Esser-Bartels. Urology and oncologic urology clinic of Friedrichshafen together with Da Vinci Center provide the best modern technologies in the area of prostate cancer treatment. The clinic’s specialists have huge practical experience in minimally invasive urologic laparoscopy, laser prostate surgery and robot-assisted surgeries with the use of da Vinci® SI HD robot.
Prostate cancer diagnostic methods in Germany:
- Digital rectal exam, defining the PSA level
- Transrectal prostate ultrasound scan
- Prostate ultrasound scan with Color Doppler Imaging (CDI)
- Polymerase chain reaction on the bacterial genome in the fourth urine portion after prostate milking (Meares-Stamey test)
- DiaPat–Test – the newest test for diagnosing prostate and bladder cancer by urine analysis
- Biopsy and local tumor staging
Prostate cancer treatment methods.
Depending on the stage doctors in Germany can offer the following therapy methods: surgery, beam therapy, hormone therapy and chemotherapy.
The variety of prostate cancer treatment in Germany:
- Surgery in Germany: prostatectomy, radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic robot-assisted prostatectomy, minimally invasive techniques.
Radical prostatectomy or a surgical treatment of prostate cancer in Germany can be indicated for the patient, if:
- the general condition justifies the risks of operative intervention;
- there are favorable prerequisites for complete removal of tumoral tissue (notably in case of local prostate carcinoma);
- the expected life time of the patient is more than 10 years;
- if the expected effect from treatment exceeds risks related to a surgery;
- Definitive radiotherapy;
Prostate cancer treatment in Germany with the use of brachytherapy have valuable advantages: the precise radiation spreading, attenuated effect on skin, fewer therapy sessions. Brachytherapy specialists in Germany use maximally sparing methods that reduce side effects from the beam therapy.
- Pain therapy in nuclear medicine department of Tubingen Clinic;
- Hormone therapy. If the treatment and surgeries do not bring success or there are metastases, hormone therapy is applied;
- Focal therapy. These newest therapy methods for small tumors allow preserving the damaged organ. Ultrasound, laser and cold therapy are used for this.
The advantages of treatment in Germany
- Minimal side effects
- Precise dose concentration in the tumor (in beam and chemotherapy)
- Quick treatment courses
- High chances for recovery
- High quality of life during and after treatment
- Qualified and experienced specialists
- Safety and reliability
- Trust-based relationship with the patient
Urologic centers in Germany provide reliable help in preserving or restoring male health. You can trust our specialists in full and rely on their competency and professionalism. Our company offers you only the best ways to regain your health and happiness!