Childlessness or infertility of a woman because of occlusion in fallopian tubes is called tubal infertility. In case a woman cannot get pregnant after 12 months, it is high time to go through special examinations of tubes. Testing passability helps to exclude blocked fallopian tubes. Even if the diagnosis of tubal blockage has been pronounced, it is important not to give up.
German fertility clinics offer full range of most advanced techniques for efficient treatment of women with blocked fallopian tubes, which in 90% of all treated cases result in achieving the therapeutic aim (i.e. pregnancy).
The major principle of reproductive specialists in Germany is simple: using the newest, but clinically safe and reliable methods to open tubes. If it is not possible to open the tubes, the specialists recommend assisted reproductive techniques to restore fertility.
In case of tubal factor of infertility in a woman an oocytes simply cannot get through the tube to become fertilized, which prevents a woman from getting pregnant. There are insignificant symptoms, pointing out at blocked tubes. Pain in lower abdomen occurs only in severe cases of tubal patency disorders. Pain due to blocked fallopian is an alarming signal, since it means that blood cannot circulate through the tube blockage.
Pregnancy with one open tube is possible, but risky for a woman. In many cases an occluded (blocked) tube leads to such complicated cases as:
- Miscarriage (embryo cannot get to the uterus because of blocked fallopian tubes)
- Tubal pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy because of blocked tubes.
In some cases natural methods and remedies help to open the locked tubes. In other cases minimally invasive surgery, medication or in vitro fertilization, performed by a qualified and experienced specialist, is a key to awaited pregnancy after blocked fallopian tubes.
Diagnosis of blocked fallopian tubes at German clinics is a multi-level process, which involves the cooperation of specialists from different field of medicine. One of the most informative ways to examine tubal patency are:
- Hysterosalpingography of fallopian tubes: A little balloon catheter is introduced through the cervical canal and the contrast solution is injected into the tubes). In case of polyps, fibroids, adhesions or inflammatory process the contrast will not be able to pass the fallopian tube, which is a direct sign of blockage.
- Ultrasonography of blocked fallopian tubes: Special saline solution is injected into the uterus under sonographic control and the specialist examines the fallopian tubes with a special sensor.
- Blood test in a woman (to exclude infection, chlamidia or trichomoniasis in case of suspected blocked fallopian tubes).
- Diagnostic laparoscopy: Diagnosis and opening the tube during a minimally-invasive procedure.
The overall diagnostics of infertility for a women at a German fertility clinic costs around 1 500-2 000 euro.
The German specialists are famous for minimally invasive procedures, which helps to open the blockage in a safe and painless way. In most cases surgical opening leads to pregnancy within the next months.
In Germany tubes can be “unblocked” (opened) within a minimally-invasive surgery, which is performed under general anesthesia and lasts about 30 minutes. The most effective opening method, which is most favored by the German fertility specialists, is laparoscopy. During this procedure a specialist introduces a telescope-like instrument through the dorsal vagina wall and opens the blockage. The laparoscopic surgery for opening the tubes at German clinics costs about 7 000- 10 000 euro.
It is not always easy to answer the question, what causes blocked fallopian tubes. In more than 30% of all patients tubes get blocked because of hidden infection. Surgical methods to open tubes may prove to be inefficient in this case, since the blockage will occur again and again. Intensive medication course is needed to eliminate the pathological process.
In case of recurrent blockage of both fallopian tubes (due to chronic infection or endometriosis) the methods of assisted fertilization may help to achieve pregnancy without opening the tubes. Such methods as IVF or intrauterine insemination proved to be most efficient in female patients whose blocked fallopian tubes cannot be opened. Success rates of intrauterine fertilization or IVF makes about 40-70%.
The methods of assisted reproductive medicine are especially suitable in those cases, when when tubes are damaged or affected with endometriosis. Many women have an artificial insemination done at German clinics. Before the procedure the Oocytes cell maturation is stimulated by medications (FSH-containing). The German doctors usually stimulate ovulation by HCG injection. Sperm cells of the partner are prepared in the laboratory and then inserted into the uterine cavity with the aim of a thin tube. The success rate of this alternative treatment of blocked fallopian tubes makes up about 30-40%.
Another way to achieve pregnancy in case of tubal occlusion is IVF. It is a more complicated procedure, which implies the following steps:
- A woman gets special medication to achieve hyperovulation
- Oocytes cells are retrieved after ovarian stimulation
- Oocytes are fertilized in a special dish with sperm of a partner
- Embryo is cultivated up to the blastocyst stage (3-5 days)
- Embryo transfer into the uterus
The IVF treatment is effective in 70% of all cases. During the insemination and IVF tubal factor is excluded from the fertilization process. This infertility treatment procedure occurs outside of the patient’s body and is absolutely safe.
According to our internal research, patients who managed to combat ovarian infertility (impassability of tubes) and to get a child after treatment of blocked tubes in Germany highlight the following benefits:
- Complex and highly informative diagnostics of tubes
- Treatment in compliance with medical, judicial and psychological aspects
- Implementation of the most progressive technologies (computer-assisted microsurgical techniques) in opening the blocked tubes
- Extended experience, high professionalism of fertility specialists in Germany
- No relapses after opening the tubes
- High pregnancy rate after IVF (more than 60%)
Treatment of blocked tubes (tubal opening or IVF) is performed in a comfortable atmosphere, using high-quality equipment.
Blocked fallopian tubes? Open the fallopian tubes or try IVF in Germany!
German Medical Group cooperates closely with the best clinics and highly authoritative doctors who not only determine the reasons of blocked fallopian tubes, but also find treatment, which is 100% suitable and efficient for your individual case. We usually request a variety of treatment offers from the top fertility centers, and you will be able to compare the terms and prices. We will also assist in translating all your documents, running visa procedures and organizing your stay in Germany. You can read more about treatment of blocked fallopian tubes in Germany in “Fertility clinics” section on our site. To get detailed information about costs of surgical treatment of blocked fallopian tubes (opening the tubes) or IVF and ICSI, please, call us or write an E-Mail.