Over the last decades a big range of assisted reproductive technologies appeared in the reproductive medicine, including the following:
- Intrauterine insemination
Intrauterine insemination is one of the least complicated technologies of reproductive medicine in Germany. It implies the insertion of specially prepared sperm cells into the uterine cavity in order to increase the chances of sperm cells to meet the egg. This method is often applied in combination with medicamental stimulation of ovaries.
- Intratubal insemination
This reproductive medicine technique implies the insertion of specially prepared sperm cells directly into the ovaries instead of the uterine cavity. Hormonal therapy and preliminary diagnostic tests are similar to the ones made in intrauterine insemination.
- Extracorporal fertilization – reproductive medicine in Germany
IVF is one of the most popular and efficient treatment methods of different infertility types. It is recommended in tubal obstruction, endometriosis, anovulation, after ovariectomy, in different uterine pathologies or ametria, in low quality of sperm cells in men. The stages of IVF include:
- superovulation stimulation
- follicle puncture
- egg fertilization by a sperm cell in lab environment
- embryos culture
- transfer of embryos into uterine cavity
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection – reproductive medicine in Germany
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is applied for the treatment of severe forms of male infertility. The ICS method is very similar to IVF. The primary difference is placing an egg cell and sperm cells in special environment where fertilization takes place. In ICSI method only one sperm cell that has the highest quality characteristics is selected. In ICSI method a sperm cells is injected directly into the egg.
The specialists of reproductive medicine in Germany apply ICSI method in the following cases:
- The reduced number of sperm cells in ejaculate
- Weak sperm motility
- Morphological pathologies of sperm cells
- The presence of sperm antibodies
- Adiagnostic sperm and egg cells pathologies
According to the German IVF Registry, the development of complications after artificial child conception with the aim of assisted reproductive technologies is extremely rare in Germany. For instance, over the last 15 years the risk of multiple fetation was reduced by 80% in Germany. The reproductive medicine specialists in Germany follow the strict requirements and all security measures. Currently less embryos is transferred into the uterine cavity in one IVF cycle. The insertion of three embryos at once is performed only for women above 38.
The couples coming for help in Germany admit the following advantages of the local reproductive medicine:
- centers in Germany provide experienced professionals with deep knowledge in medicine and biology
- the treatment is performed in trustful and warm atmosphere
- there is a targeted treatment according to the couple’s wishes and expectations
- constant qualification improvement of reproductive medicine specialists in Germany allows applying the newest technologies in practice
- regular quality, security and hygiene control.
If you suffer from infertility and are looking for a qualified IVF center, our website can offer you information about the most prestigious medical institutions in Germany and Austria, specializing in reproductive technologies and, particularly, in carrying out the procedure of IVF – the most popular and effective method that solves the problems of various complexity connected with the impossibility of natural conception.
Over the past few decades reproductive technologies have successfully developed a variety of supporting techniques that allow conceiving a child outside a woman’s body. This could include the following:
- Intrauterine insemination. This method of artificial insemination is based on the introduction of pre-treated sperm cells into the uterine cavity of the patient during ovulation, which is a contributing factor for the convergence of sperm with the egg. Reproductive technologies use this method of artificial conception, when the ovaries are stimulated because of medication intake.
- Intratubar insemination. Reproductive technologies, applying this technique, focuse on the introduction of sperm directly into the woman’s ovaries, but not as in the previous case. All necessary in this situation diagnostic methods, as well as hormonal preparation, are identical to those used in intrauterine insemination.
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT). During this process, reproductive specialists make puncture i.e. extraction the eggs from the patient’s ovaries for their further injection together with sperm into the fallopian tubes. This method of reproductive technologies implies that convergence of sperm with the egg takes place in a woman’s body. This procedure is possible only if there is no obstruction for patency of one or both fallopian tubes of the patient.
- Zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT). This technique, which is among the proposals of reproductive technologies, is aimed at carrying out the following procedures: the mature eggs are extracted from the ovaries, then they are mixed with seminal fluid, and after fertilization are transferred into the fallopian tubes of the patient.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF). This technique, used by reproductive technologies, considered to be a very popular method of artificial insemination. It is recommended in case of fallopian tubes obstruction, and even if they are absent at all. Also, it is very effective if woman hasn’t got ovaries, in case of anovulation, endometriosis and other diseases, and if the quantity of sperm is too low or they are not active enough.
- stimulation of superovulation;
- follicular puncture;
- the egg is fertilized in laboratory conditions;
- the embryo is cultured and transferred into the uterus.
Reproductive medicine in Germany will take care about you and the health of your child!