Normal blood flow and vascular health are based on three factors:
- Normal speed of blood current. If blood flows through the vessel at normal speed, the blood does not have enough time to coagulate and form blood clots. The healthy vessels and active way of life contribute to the maintenance of natural speed of blood flow.
- Normal blood coagulation. The body of a healthy person produces a number of substances responsible for blood coagulation and anticoagulation. Hormonal disorders, cancer, obesity and other illnesses can provoke failures of synthesis and work of these substances and increase blood coagulation.
- The integrity of vascular walls. The inner walls of the veins are covered with a special substance called fibrin S. Fibrin prevents clots from attaching to the vein walls and ensures the normal permeability of the vessel.
Based on these factors, the following causes leading to thrombophlebitis can be distinguished:
- Infectious diseases
- Excess weight
- Harmful lifestyle, sedentary office work, work "on the legs"
- Surgeries or injuries of legs
- Hormonal imbalance
- Varicose veins
Thrombophlebitis of the legs manifests itself in pain and swelling of the affected limb. The skin of the affected leg may become reddish. If clots lead to thrombosis and clogging of veins, the limb can become cyanotic or acquire a glossy shine. Patients with thrombophlebitis have feaver. The temperature is mainly increased locally: the affected area feels warm. In acute inflammation, patients complain about feeling unwell and fever up to 39 degrees.
GermanMedicalGroup is one of the largest aggregators of clinics in Europe. Our company unites more than 150 medical facilities in Germany and other European countries. Member clinics of GermanMedicalGroup specialize in different fields of medicine and are able to provide a full range of medical services.
Professional treatment in the best phlebology clinics in Germany is available for patients suffering from thrombophlebitis.
Capio phlebology clinic was founded by Dr. Norbert Frings, a phlebologist with 30 years of experience. Dr. N. Frings is one of the top 100 doctors in Germany and was awarded with a medal for his contribution to the development of phlebology. Every year the Capio Clinic conducts up to 250000 surgeries on vessels. The clinic can boast of high loyalty of its patients: 85% of new clients come to Capio on the advice of friends or relatives. More Info...
Pforzheim Phlebology Clinic
Pforzheim Phlebology Clinic is working for more than 20 years and provides a wide range of surgeries and procedures for vessel treatment, including the treatment of thrombophlebitis. Treatment of vessels using the Celon and VNUS methods is available in the clinic, which makes it possible to treat many vascular diseases in one visit to the doctor. More Info...
Freiburg Venous Center
Freiburg Venous Center is comprised of a professional team of phlebologists and vascular surgeons led by Michael Hartman. Freiburg Venous Center has been working since 1981 investing a lot of funds for the development: various types of lasers and integrated operating systems are available to the center's doctors.
GermanMedicalGroup cares about its clients at all stages of treatment of thrombophlebitis. Our staff will assist you in obtaining a medical visa, transfer and provide interpreter services. Working with GermanMedicalGroup you do not overpay to intermediaries and pay only for the medical services!