Herniated discs’ treatment is one of the major directions to which special consideration is given in German clinics. More than 3200 surgeries of intervertebral prolapse are performed annually. The modern methods of diagnosis and therapy allow helping patients to be freed this problem and unpleasant symptoms. Treatment is always considered carefully after thorough examination.
Disc prolapse treatment in the German orthopedic centre always starts from complex diagnosis. German specialists employ following methods of diagnosis to determine severity of pathology and to pick the best way to deal with it:
- Computer aided tomography;
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- MRI in motion;
- X-ray examination.
All of the said methods allow to get precise full information regarding size and stracture of the herniated disc, presence of inflammation and coexistent diseases, as well as to work out the most effective plan of treatment.
There are two basic therapeutical methods in Germany: traditional and surgical. At the same time high skilled orthodedists do their best to choose for the most sparing therapy. Surgery is indicated only when clear indications are present, e.i. intractable pain syndrom, strangury etc.
Herniated discs’ treatment with traditional methods may include:
- Cryopreservation of painful terminals;
- Spine cord electrostimulation;
- Percutaneous laser decompression;
- Chemonucleolysis – dilution and exhausting of hernia.
If traditional methods fails, doctor can make a decision for surgery. The following surgical methods are used for herniated discs’ treatment in Germany:
- Percutaneous nucleotomy – partial excision of herniated disc with a special helical probe. This surgery is considered minimally invasive and requires only local anaesthesia.
- Percutaneous thermocoagulation of intervertebral discs – impact on the nociceptor with high temperature by means of special thermoprobe.
- Endoscopic microdiscectomy – surgical treatment for large-sized hernias. All manipulations are performed with endoscope and do not require extensive cuts as well as bone resection. This approach allows patients to recover promptly and also to avoid postoperative complications.
- Prosthetics of an intervertebral disc – in case intervertebral disc is impaired significantly, its replacement may be required. High quality titan prosthesis fixed by experienced surgeons can help restoring mobility and forget about pain.
Thus, modern orthopedy has numerous methods to provide highly effective treatment of herniated discs. It is important to asked for qualified help timely.
Herniated discs’ treatment in Germany means possibility to take on advantages from state-of-the-art medicine:
- Minimally invasive surgery reducing complications’ risks and recovery period;
- Endoscopic surgery;
- Usage of intraoperative computer system providing maximum precision;
- Safe high quality certified materials;
- Therapy efficiency is as high as 99%;
- Individual complex services meet all relevant requirements.
Herniated discs’ treatment in German orthopedic clinics will be carried out to achieve best results. You can be confident in our specialists and their competency, and to entrust them with your health easily.