Many women face gynecological conditions that cannot be treated without surgery. This range includes a severe form of uterine fibroids that can lead to harmful consequences to the woman’s health.
With small nodules in fibroid tissue, a drugtreatment is sufficient. However, with the progressive growth of a benign tumor surgery is required promptly.
After surgery, you have to be monitored for a long time, and it takes time to recover, and there are also many worries about possible complications. Sometimes, curing scars also requires repeated cosmetic procedures.
Fortunately, modern medicine can offer a unique technique to get rid of tumors without much damage to the body: removal of uterine fibroids by laparoscopic method. Unlike traditional surgery, this operation is performed through a small opening from 0.5 to 1 cm in size.
Thanks to the team of world-famous and dedicated experts, our clinic gives a chance to every woman to cure fibroidscompletely and finally. The most of surgeries arecarried out with aminimally invasive approach, which minimizes tissue trauma and the risk of further complications, and, consequently, eases rehabilitation.
If you have been diagnosed with a benign uterine tumor, contact our doctors. With us, you can have highly effective surgical procedure, removal of the uterine fibroids by a laparoscopic method, at affordable prices.
We offer all advances in the field of medicine together with know ledgeand high skill of the medical staff. We choose and apply only the best and safest methods of treatment that increase the chances of complete restoration of women's health.
The indications for the procedure are the following:
- A significant increase of nodules.
- Anemia caused by prolonged heavy bleeding.
- Compression and deformation of neighboring organs caused by multiple uterine fibroids.
- Infertility as a consequence of a tumor.
With subserous uterine fibroids, the surgery is mandatory; in this case, conservative methods cannot give the proper effect.
Surgery to remove uterine fibroids is not allowed if the size of the tumor is greater than 6 cm and myoma has penetrated into the muscular walls.
- Aesthetics: Only 2-3 small incisions are made depending on the number of fibroids.
- Quicker rehabilitation: The woman stays in a clinic for a few days only, after which she can go home.
- There is no need to take painkillers, since pain after surgery is not common.
- Low risk of adhesions.
- Lower blood loss, asthe incisions are very small and, as a result, donor blood is not required.
- There is no need to stay in bed – walking is allowed a few hours after laparoscopy.
- Too low or extremely high body weight.
- Bleeding disorder.
- A hernia or a lot of adhesions in the abdominal cavity.
- Cancer of the ovaries and cervix.
- Accumulation of more than 1 liter of fluid in the abdominal cavity (ascites, effusion, etc.).
- The size of the fibroid has reached more than 12 weeks.
- Decompensated form of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases (intolerance to anesthesia is possible).
If a patient has anemia, arterial hypertension and acute infections, it is necessary to treat them first. Only then,a non-cancerous tumor can be removed by a laparoscopic method.
Laparoscopy is an abdominal surgery to remove uterine fibroids. The duration of the surgery is from 40 minutes to 1.5-2 hours, depending on the severity of symptoms caused by one or more fibroids.
Surgery is strictly not allowed during menstruation. The operation can be assigned on any other day of the cycle, but best after ovulation (15-25 days of the cycle).
Laparoscopy to removeuterine fibroidsrequires general anesthesia and is performed in 3 stages:
- A puncture is made in the abdominal wall, and, then, the abdominal cavity is filled with carbon dioxide.
- A laparoscopic endoscope is introduced into the abdomen. It has a camera at the end that is used for viewing the uterus on the monitor at a large scale.
- Removal of the uterine fibroid.
Shortly before surgery, you should stop eating and drinking (a day before, you are allowed to eat till 6 p.m. and to drink till 10 p.m.). To prevent possible injuries to the intestines, a cleansing enema is assigned. And before the procedure you should exclude products that can cause flatulence (as cabbage, beans, etc.).
A few hours after the operation, doctors recommend a short walk. It will help prevent adhesions in the pelvic area. Excessive physical activity during rehabilitation is strictly prohibited.
Six months after the surgery, your doctor can recommend repeated laparoscopy. Itensures you from adhesions formedduring this time or relapse of uterine fibroids.
Our goal is to help you feel healthy and happy, and return back to normal life with your family and friendsas soon as possible. Your good health is the subject of our close attention. To succeed in this we have been continuously striving for excellence.