TOP Doctors for Reflux Surgery
The typical complaints of a reflux disease, such as heartburn and regurgitation, can sometimes be relieved by a change in diet. There are also effective medications. For some people, an operation can be useful.
Not everyone manages to take medication daily for years to relieve the reflux symptoms. It may also be that the drug treatment in reflux does not bring the desired success or the symptoms are very strong. Then some people consider whether they should be operated on against reflux.
The aim of an anti-reflux operation (fundoplication) is to prevent acid from flowing back from the stomach into the esophagus. In this operation, the upper part of the stomach is placed around the lower end of the esophagus and sutured to the diaphragm, stomach or esophagus. This strengthens the occlusion at the bottom of the esophagus (the esophageal sphincter) and is designed to prevent heartburn and reflux.
Today, reflux is usually performed laparoscopically. In doing so, the doctor inserts the surgical instruments into the abdominal cavity through small skin incisions.
A fundoplication can occur in two ways, depending on whether part of the stomach is completely or partially placed around the esophagus. If the stomach completely surrounds the esophagus, this is called a fundoplication according to Nissen and Rosetti. In the fundoplication according to Toupet, the stomach only partially encloses the esophagus. This surgical technique is preferred, for example, when the movement of the esophagus is disturbed (so-called motility disorder).
On this page, you can see the best doctors for reflux surgery. International patients pick these specialists for reflux surgery due to the following reasons:
- Innovative treatment methods
- Minimally invasive surgeries
Advantages of these specialists for reflux surgery:
- Up to 95% success rate. The doctors listed below apply the latest techniques to achieve such a result.
- Organ-preserving therapies.
- International accreditation. The facilities for reflux surgery have international healthcare accreditations and certificates. It means that they provide the reflux surgery in accordance with the strict world treatment protocols.
German Medical Group is a medical platform that does not represent interests of specific hospitals or doctors.
Our services do not affect the price for reflux surgery, you pay the bill right in the chosen clinic.
Submit a request on German Medical Group website - our manager will give you all the info regarding a particular doctor for reflux surgery or hospital. This consultation is FREE. Together we choose the best specialist for reflux surgery for your case. With German Medical Group you avoid waiting lists, get 24/7 support until your coming back home. Learn more about us here.
Follow these steps to choose the best doctor for reflux surgery:
- Learn the info about doctors for reflux surgery listed below. It represents top specialists in Europe.
- Submit a request on German Medical Group specifying the purpose of the treatment.
- Our manager will call you back to book the chosen specialist for reflux surgery or offer another one according to the diagnosis, health condition, and financial ability.
- If you approve the chosen doctor for reflux surgery, our manager schedules the date of your arrival.