To keep your teeth healthy and beautiful until old age and to make you feel at ease. That's why my colleagues and I take our time - for you and your teeth. That it is not easy for all people to go to the dentist, I know. I therefore attach particular importance to a relaxed atmosphere in my practice. My team is specially trained and used to dealing with anxiety patients.
The quality standard of my practice corresponds to the latest scientific findings. I am a graduate of the extra-occupational study "Master of Science in Lasers in Dentistry (M.Sc.)" at the Elite-University RWTH Aachen.
Treatment focus: Periodontology, Laser Dentistry, Aesthetic restorations, TMJ
Laser technologies are widely used in medicine and dentistry one of the areas where laser is applied. Many clinics in Germany use laser both for treatment and in aesthetic purposes. There are a number of lasers used in dentistry but it is possible to separate them into two main groups:
- Hard tissues laser
- Soft tissues laser
Laser can be used as replacement of a drill in tooth decay treating. It is applicable for:
- caries removal
- preparation of cavities for filling
- roughing and etching
- enameloplasty or tooth recontouring (shaping of tooth enamel with different purposes)
Huge number of problems of mouth soft tissues could be treated by means of laser. It is hardly possible to enumerate all of them so here is a brief indication:
- Biopsy taking.
- Ulcers or canker sores treatment.
- Fibroma and other small lesions removal
- Enerupted wisdom tooth exposure.
- Frenula removing
- Abscess incision
- Oral papillectomies
- Reshaping gums tissues.
- Teeth Bleaching.
Especially widely laser is used in endodontic and periodontal disease treatment.
Scaling and Root Planing (SRP) is a common endodontic procedure. Endodontic means ‘inside tooth’, so this is the name for different manipulations with root canals. During SRP hygienist or endodontist cleans plaques and tartar from teeth and root in a space beneath your gum. Traditionally it can be done with ultrasonic device only but many hygienists claim that applying laser after cleaning gives additional disinfection and makes a procedure more effective. Thanks to cauterization, inflammation could be reduced faster and it is possible to get rid of using antibiotics.
Laser is good for incision of soft tissues and antimicrobial treatment of affected gums. Laser is used in periodontal surgery and significantly reduces the common problems as bleeding, pain, inflammation, long recovery time. Laser can be used without anesthesia where the traditional treatment required medicine reducing pain. Laser is successfully used for operations of gingivectomies and gingivoplasties and many patient find it more pleasant and painless. Laser can be used for incisions to provide access to the roots and bones. It is worth to note, that hard tissue laser could be used both for bones and gums.
- They could replace drilling avoiding unpleasant effect of vibration.
- When treating the teeth roots and soft tissues with laser, inflammation is reduced as cauterization takes place.
- No anesthetic is needed when using laser instead of traditional methods, as it is less painful treatment.
- The bundled light hits targeted only at the appropriate treatment site. Laser therapy is minimally invasive and therefore less painful and gentler than conventional procedures.
- The laser light disinfects and removes bacteria in places that can not be reached with other instruments. This increases the success of the treatment and accelerates the healing process.
- We can treat periodontitis by laser, sustainably, gently and without antibiotics. Surgery (in severe periodontal disease) can often be avoided by laser treatment. A new procedure with three laser systems even stimulates the bone-forming cells to bone regeneration and strengthens the teeth again. In addition, it improves the general health, since the bacteria from the periodontal pockets, especially in rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and diseases of the heart and blood vessels have a harmful influence.
- Thanks to the healing effect of the laser, root canal treatments reduce the risk of tooth loss or root inflammation.
- Laser bleaching is a highly efficient, fast, gentle and painless method of teeth whitening, with no side effects to the tooth.
- When cold or hot causes pain, the laser can desensitize sensitive tooth necks and tooth nerves.
- Caries, fillings and fissure sealing by laser are done without a drill, without syringe and without touching. Minimally invasive and gentler on the tooth nerve. The treatment time is shortened, as anesthesia is usually no longer necessary.
- Acute TMJ complaints can be alleviated immediately.
- Implant exposures, the removal of lip / cheek bands and other surgical procedures are laser-friendly and bleeding-free thanks to the laser. A cut is not necessary. The wounds heal much faster.
- Herpes, aphthae and torn corners of the mouth heal faster thanks to the laser. Herpes often does not develop and occurs after a treatment much less often, smaller, often not at all.
- With the help of laser acupuncture, we can stimulate inflamed areas in the oral mucosa and thus support the self-regulation of the body.
The most common area of application of laser is dental implantology. By means of laser soft tissues is removed and reshaped to prepare gums for placing of implants. Laser helps in cosmetic dentistry when it is needed for reconstructive purposes.
Lasers also are found affective for treatment of peri-implantitis, inflammations of tissues around implants.
Laser is used to activate a gel used for teeth whitening and speedup bleaching process.
How do lasers work?
Lasers emit focused light beams of a specific wavelength, parallel and in phase. The laser light is focused in this way and can accurately apply a high amount of energy for treatment.
Why are laser treatments so good for me as a patient?
Because the different lasers provide gentle and painless to painless alternatives to conventional treatments.
Can a laser (anesthesia) be dispensed with when using the laser?
Yes. In most cases, a laser treatment without a syringe and thus faster can be performed.
How safe are lasers? Are there any possible side effects?
Our state-of-the-art lasers are mature and scientifically proven. Our laser treatments have no side effects. Your eyes are protected by special goggles during treatment.
Is laser treatment possible during pregnancy or lactation?
Yes, a laser application is easily practicable for pregnant women and nursing mothers. There is also no objection to patients with blood and circulatory diseases and pacemaker wearers. In high-risk patients, antibiotic prophylaxis before dental treatment is not necessary due to the sterile way of working.
Why is laser treatment especially suitable for children?
The main advantages for children are: The laser treatment is virtually painless, it goes fast and eliminates the unpleasant drilling noise and vibration. Sterilization prevents the progression of caries. After a removal of the Lippenbändchens does not need to be sewn. In our experience, children see the laser treatment without reservations and curious.
Can laser surgery be performed?
Yes, with the laser you can, for example, expose implants or remove lip and tongue ligaments very well. The laser provides a sterile and cosmetically excellent result, it makes the seam closure unnecessary and the healing is more complicated.
Can every dentist laser?
Laser dentistry belongs in specialist hands. Dentist dr. Beatrix Lenz has been using laser technology since 1997 and possesses extraordinary expertise and a great deal of experience in this field. It works with different lasers, each with its own specific wavelength, as needed.
Do laser treatments have to be paid privately or are the statutory health insurance companies paying the costs?
The laser treatments are scientifically recognized. Cash patients usually still have to bear the cost or additional payment for this method themselves. Private and additional insurance often take over the laser treatment completely or for the most part. You benefit from a more pleasant, painless to painless treatment and less unpleasant side effects. Last but not least, with a laser treatment you also decide on a preventive health maintenance of your teeth.
Laser is widely uses in Germany in dentistry and for cosmetic purposes. Please note that using of laser in US has some limitation in certain states so, while travelling in Europe you have a chance to have painless and effective laser procedure without any obstacles. Please apply with GMG to learn more
|Scaling and Root Planing, traditional, per session||200-330 €||170 €||145-300 €|
|Laser whitening cost||890 €||690 €||405 €|
*All the prices are based on a few estimations from different site and could not be an offer. Please enquire to clinics for precise pricing
Please check other services on request and be aware what is included to a quotation.
|Berlin||Munich||Frankfurt am Main|
|New York||from 489 € return flight||from 489 € return flight||from 521 € return flight|
|London||from 45 € return flight||from 71 € return flight||from 125 € return flight|
Please note that staff in the all of medical centers presented on GMG could speak English and you can choose your clinic without any problem. If you have any questions please call. There are no language borders; there are no visas for citizens of US and UK. You can get affordable price and professional treatment, and our service for free as a bonus.