To restore lost teeth, specialists perform dental implantation – installation of artificial prosthesis that fully replicates function and appearance of usual teeth and is firmly fixed in bone tissues. Implants are produced of different materials starting from ceramics and finishing by metal alloys. Construction also differs. The type of implantation is defined by doctor to be approved by patient. It depends on the level of tooth decay, anatomical jaw peculiarities, aesthetic aspects and client’s budget.
The technologies are classified according to the type of connection between prosthesis and gum and jaw tissues. These can be the following types:
- Intramucous installation. This method is recommended for strengthening movable constructions installed for atrophic symptoms of alveolar portion, and defects of the palate. Button type prostheses are used, and movable elements are mounted on them.
- Submucosal dental implantation means that magnets are installed under mucous membranes. It’s done to improve fixation of movable prostheses to avoid eventual withdrawal.
- Subperiosteal installation is done with individually created implants that are made with the help of cast model. Implants are installed in the periosteal part of teeth. This method is applied in case of jaw atrophy or loss of several teeth.
- Endoosseous- subperiosteal approach. In such sphere as dental implantation, new technologies help to solve the problem of dental installation in hard-to-reach places: in the front jaw, or on sides when several teeth are absent. The technology combines benefits of subperiosteal and endoosseous constructions and implies a complicated implant structure.
- Inner installation. Such methods of dental installation imply using metal grub screws: they are optimal for prophylactics, fixation of unstable teeth (symptoms of periodontosis), and if the crows has totally decayed. The screw goes through the tooth and jaw tissue.
- Endoosseous method. This technology implies installation of prostheses of different type (taper, plate, cylindrical types) when gum tissue is cut to the bone. This method is optimal for defects, insufficient thickness of jaw bone, and abnormalities of jaws. Plate prostheses are used to treat tooth loss in the end of rows. Screw implants imply implementation of dental post inside the tooth – they are easier to install. Interoosseous devices are used to fix movable elements.
Endoosseous method is considered to be the most popular and the safest. Over 95% cases of endoosseous implantation are successful and don’t cause side effects. One stage implantation is better for prosthesis survival, because all actions are executed in one moment which decreases the risk of infection and inflammation. When it come to two stage procedure, a patient is given time for implant assimilation first, and the upper part of construction is installed later.
Modern dental implantation methods imply surgical invasion when dental problems appear. A timely visit to a dentist helps to save a tooth (movable constructions can be installed without root removal) and solve all problems quickly. Before resorting to exact methods, a patient should consult with an orthodontist, surgeon and dentist: they will figure out individual treatment plan after visual examination and X-ray imaging.
No matter what type of implantation you need, you can always go through this process safely and easily in European dental clinics. German Medical Group organizes treatment in advanced European clinics for patients from all over the world. Becoming a patient of a German dental clinic you can be sure to get decent treatment and comfortable conditions. Can’t decide which method of dental implantation is suitable for you? We provide “second opinion” service that allows getting distant consultations and recommendations from leading European doctors.