The orthopedic clinics in Germany offer the whole scope of inpatient and outpatient services for those, who suffer of the diseases of musculoskeletal system. The best European centers for orthopedic treatment in Germany employ the world-renowned top orthopedic surgeons, who have the extensive experience and use the latest scientific and technical innovations in orthopedic treatment and rehabilitation. The state-of- the- art clinical facilities, advanced technology and outstanding research help the German orthopedic specialists to manage orthopedic disorders in a soft and efficient way. The biggest European orthopedic clinics closely cooperate with the university centers and the leading scientific communities in Germany, which helps to translate scientific and interdisciplinary approaches into practice.
The major fields of specialization of the German orthopedic clinics are:
- Foot surgery
- Ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder surgery and knee arthroscopy
- Sports medicine
- Elbow joint surgery
An orthopedist at a German clinic treats not only chronic diseases, congenital disorders and acute injuries of the musculoskeletal system, but is also involved into comprehensive diagnosis and therapy as well as into the rehabilitation.
Advanced diagnosis at the German orthopedic clinics and centers
The state-of-the-art methods of diagnosis, offered at the German clinics and centers create a clear idea of the destructive lesions cavities, seizures, bone fragments, entities and others structures. Among the most informative methods the German orthopedic specialists emphasize the following:
- Radiography and myelography
- Ultrasound, including the Doppler ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- CT scan
- Spondylography (a method to estimate the size of the spinal canal, the degree of spinal deformity, the state of bone and muscle tissue)
- Arthroscopy (the introduction of an optical endoscope into the joint for the computer visualization of body structures).
- Biopsy (tissue sampling examination)
- Computer-assisted biomechanics (used at orthopedic clinics to study the biomechanical characteristics of musculoskeletal system).
Diagnostic examination of orthopedic diseases at German orthopedic clinics and centers is performed quickly, efficiently and allows the doctor to appoint the necessary treatment in a most time-efficient way.Joint surgeries offered at German orthopedic clinics
The main advantages of joint surgery in Germany are the reliable and proven methods of surgical treatment, long-term expertise of the German orthopedic surgeons, a high degree of equipment of the clinic. Holistic approach, exercised at German clinics includes all the necessary measures for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, enabling to prevent recurrence and eliminate possible postoperative complications. The most frequent surgeries, applied at German orthopedic clinics are the following:
- Joint replacement involves advanced minimally invasive techniques for safe and efficient replacement of the functional joints of the human body. German orthopedic clinics try to save healthy parts of the joint and the bones, applying the sparing surgical techniques. The experience of the surgeon, computer navigation during surgery and the correct choice of an implant allow the German orthopedic clinics to achieve the highest success rates (about 98,2%).
- Arthroscopy in Germany is the most gentle method of surgery, widely applied at the German orthopedic clinics and centers. Most often, arthroscopy is indicated for diseases or injuries of the knee, namely cruciate ligament rupture, meniscus, cartilage damage, patellar dislocation, synovial disease, arthritis and arthrosis.
- Puncture. This is not exactly the procedure, which can be attributed to the category of surgical interventions, since punctures are performed at German orthopedic centers mostly for diagnostic purposes. For example, if the content of a puncture contains blood, it indicates the traumatic injury and is an indication. Pus accumulates in the joint in inflammatory processes, etc. In some cases special pharmaceuticals are introduced into the joint through the puncture technique.
- Arthrotomy is a surgical intervention on the joints, which is performed through opening of the synovial membrane. In some cases, this manipulation may be an initial stage in a series of operations on the joints. Arthrotomy is divided into three different types: draining, diagnostic and therapeutic. This surgery is often carried out at German orthopedic clinics, since it helps to eliminate the joint, dislocations, pathological changes of the shell parts of the body, etc.
- Resection. This surgical intervention on the joints, widely performed at German orthopedic centers, consists in carrying out the partial or complete removal of the joint surface. This surgery can be done either on the inside or on the entire surface of the patient's joint for structural and morphological repair.
- Arthrodesis. This intervention aims fixing the injured joint. Surgical arthrodesis, performed at one of the German clinics helps to achieve prompt surgical fixation, which helps to postpone the joint replacement surgery.
- Arthroplasty - is a method of modeling of the joint surfaces. Arthroplasty is performed at all the major joints of the human body.
- Due to the professional level of orthopedic doctors, medical equipment, minimally invasive technologies and the rapid rehabilitation program, patients quickly return to an active lifestyle.
- Transplantation of bone and cartilage. This operation is performed on the joints when the structural changes of the cartilage occur due to an injury or a degenerative disease. The surgical treatment, offered at German orthopedic centers, makes it possible to fully restore the basic function of cartilage.
Among the biggest achievements of the German orthopedic clinicians is the computer navigation for joint replacement. This method has become a “golden standard” at German clinics, since it streamlines the accuracy and helps the surgeon to track and analyze the surgery process. Сomputer-navigated surgery helps to avoid damaging the ligaments and tendons, and thus gain optimal access to the joint. This technology is indispensable for operations on smaller joints, when maximum accuracy is needed.
The modern orthopedic centers in Germany have achieved outstanding success in conservative and surgical treatment of the following diseases:
- injuries of the musculoskeletal system and their consequences
- diseases of the spine - a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, spinal fractures, scoliosis, tumors of vertebral or spinal canal
- oncological diseases of bones and joints
- arthritis and arthrosis
- congenital deformation of the musculoskeletal system
- valgus deformity of the foot
German Medical Group in collaboration with the best European orthopedic wants the international patients to benefit from the first class orthopedic care and rehabilitation. We would be glad to answer your questions concerning the further orthopedic treatment or rehabilitation in Germany.